GET FREE MAME ARCADE GAMES HERE
If you don`t have it already then try it out and relive those old arcade games in their original form. Download this file ( 5.9 megs ) and unzip the folder to your desktop then open it and read the `gobz basic mame instruction` text file.
I have included 35 classic games to start you off and they are :
AMIDAR, ASTEROIDS, ASTROFIGHTER, CRAZY(DONKEY)KONG, FROGGER, GALAGA, GALAXIAN, PACMAN, POPEYE, Q*BERT, SCRAMBLE. XEVIOUS, SPACE INVADERS, DEFENDER, PHOENIX, DIG DUG, ROBOTRON, SUPER LOCO, TIME PILOT, TRON, ZAXXON, CONGO BONGO, ELEVATOR ACTION, MARIO BROS, TRACK AND FIELD, UP N DOWN, PAC LAND, UNIWARS, TEMPEST, RALLY X, MISSILE COMMAND, CENTIPEDE and last but not least KUNG FU MASTER & MARBLE MADNESS
I have included 11 Classic Games in this pack and they are :
BURGER TIME, DONKEY KONG JR, FAST FREDDIE, MR DO, RETURN OF THE INVADERS, RAMPAGE, ROLLING THUNDER, SUPER SPRINT, STARGATE, CRYSTAL CASTLES & WONDERBOY
Included in this game ROM pack are 7 games from 1981 - 1990 and they are :
MOONCRESTA ( 81 ), PLEIADS( 81), STAR WARS (83), ARKANOID (86), BUBBLE BOBBLE (86), PACMANIA (87), SUPER SPACE INVADERS (90)
GOBZ BASIC INSTRUCTIONS for MAME USE
What is MAME ?.
MAME stands for `Multiple arcade machine emulator`, it is a program that replicates literally thousands of arcade machines from 1976 - 2000. The data has been extracted ( dumped ) from the origional arcade machines circuit boards and then made available as a zipped file for use in the mame program.
1. You should stick the folder that you have just unzipped onto your desktop
2. go into the folder and double click the arcade machine icon and the program will then open up
3. on the left hand side open the custom directory and then the favourites directory ( may already be open ), a list will appear detailing the games that I have included for you with mame. I have chosen 16 classics from the early eighties as these are very simple games that helped to keep this download small
4. double left click on the game of your choice and it will load up. You maybe prompted next to type `OK`. When you are asked to press the select button, you need to press the enter/return key.
5. Your game is now loaded. Press `5` for credits and `1` or `2` to start. Use a joystick/pad if you like or the keyboard for control. I have include a file called hiscore.dat that will automatically save your hiscores when you leave MAME.
6. Pressing the tab key ( the one with the 2 arrows on ) and then using the arrow keys and enter to select `dip switches` will bring up options allowing you to customize the game ( extra lives etc ).
7. To leave the game and return to MAME press the esc key
FOOT NOTES :
Note that `missile command` and `marble madness` use the mouse and that `space invaders` and `astro fighter` need samples that are not included here.
To customize mame pull down the options menu and select `default option`.
If you get more game ROMS then put them into the ROMS directory in the main MAME folder. Start MAME and press F5 to update the game list. You will now find that game in the `Available` folder on the left hand side. If you right click a game and select `add to favourites` then it will also appear in your favourites folder.
This version of mame is from feb 2002 and 99 percent of all game roms will work with it. Every time that a new mame version is released then new games are added to the overall list in the mame program.
The best site to get game roms ( www.mame.dk ) has been stopped from making game roms available. In the meantime go to www.dgroms.com or visit the main mame site at www.mameworld.net
Apart from game roms there are other files that can enhance your mame experience and can be found at mameworld.net, these are :
1. mameinfo.dat, history.dat, games.dat. These need to be put into the main MAME folder. They provide information for all games with details that will be located under the picture ( snapshot ) of a game
2. pictures for all games can be obtained as zipped up files and must be placed in the `snap` folder in the main MAME folder. Pressing F12 during a game will create your own snapshot picture.
3. Very few games require samples ( eg space invaders and astro fighter ) these must be placed in the `samples` folder
`nuff said !
IN DEPTH INSTRUCTIONS (OPTIONAL)